Broccoli stir fry is a very simple recipe prepared in Indian style. Broccoli is a power house of nutrition. It is a rich source of calcium, vitamin C, and folic acid. Broccoli is a strong anti-oxidant and prevents the onset of osteoporosis.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Broccoli – 1 medium size (cut into florets)
- Onions – 3 (cut lengthwise)
- Garlic – 10 cloves(crushed)
- Green chillies – 5 (slit lengthwise)
- Vinegar – ½ tsp
- Grated Coconut – 2tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai, add garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes or till golden.
- Add onions and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add green chillies and saute again for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and mix well and cover the kadai with a lid and let it cook for a while on a medium flame. Keep stirring in between, till the Broccoli is half cooked.
- Add salt, pepper, vinegar and mix well.
- Add the coconut and stir for a while.
- Serve hot with rice or chapathi.
RECIPE CREDITS: Shubhika Agarwal