Broccoli cheesy bites is a very tasty and delicious snack. A great way to have vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, fibre and protein. Normally kids don’t like broccoli, but these cheesy bites will be loved by them. This is my kid’s favourite.
Ingredients (8-10 pieces)
- Broccoli – 125 gms
- Egg – 1
- Carrots – ½ cup (grated)
- Bread Crumbs – 1 cup
- Pepper Corns- 4-5 (crushed)
- Processed Cheese – ½ cup (grated)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Blanch the broccoli florets and finely chop them.
- In a big bowl add chopped florets, egg, breadcrumbs, carrots, peppercorns, cheese, lemon juice, salt and mix well.
- Drop 8-10 spoonfuls (one by one) of the broccoli mixture on the non stick baking tray, keeping distance between them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove patties from oven and place them on a serving dish.
- Serve hot with coriander/mint chutney or sauce.
- Instead of baking we can shallow fry also.
- Blanching is a cooking process wherein the vegetable or fruit, is plunged into boiling water, removed after a 2-3 minute interval, and finally plunged into iced water or placed under cold running water to halt the cooking process.