Black Forest cake consists of several layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream and cherries between each layer. Then the cake is decorated with additional whipped cream, cherries and chocolate shavings.
- Maida – 1 cup
- Condensed Milk – 200 gm
- Oil – 40 gms
- Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coffee Powder – ½ tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Drinking Soda – 150 ml
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Rum (optional) – 1 tbsp
- Cream – 100 ml
- Chocolate – 100 gm(grated)
- Cherries – few
- Preheat the oven at 160°C for 5 minutes.
- Sieve maida, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder together. Mix coffee and keep aside.
- In a bowl beat oil and condensed milk together till light.
- Fold maida mixture and soda in the oil mixture gradually.
- Pour the batter in the greased and dusted baking tin, and bake at 160°C for 30 minutes or till done.
- Turn it to a wire rack and cool.
- To make the sugar syrup, dissolve sugar in the water and bring it to a boil. Cool and add rum.
- To make the perfect icing, beat the cream till stiff peaks are formed.
- To decorate the cake, slice the cake horizontally into half and place them separately. Soften the cake pieces with sugar syrup.
- Spread icing on one piece and spread evenly. Put the second half of the cake over it. Cover the top of the cake with the icing and the sides also.
- Decorate the top of the cake with grated chocolate, cherries, chocolate leaves, etc.