Pizza is an oven-baked flat bread generally topped with tomato sauce and cheese. It is commonly supplemented with a selection of meats, vegetables and condiments. The term first appeared in 997 AD, in a Latin text from the southern Italian town of Gaeta in Lazio, Central Italy. In modern times it was invented in Naples, Italy, and the dish and its variants have since become popular in many parts of the world.
Ingredients – (2 servings)
Pizza Base – 2
Bell Pepper(Capsicum) – ¼ cup (chopped)
Corn – ¼ cup (chopped)
Paneer – ¼ cup (diced)
Mozzarella Cheese – as desired (grated)
Pizza Sauce – 4 tbsp
- Place the pizza base onto a greased baking tray.
- Spread 2 tbsp pizza sauce on it.
- Sprinkle half of the grated cheese on top.
- Top with half of the bell pepper, corn and paneer evenly on the base.
- Sprinkle rest half of the grated cheese on top of the vegetables.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 10-12 minutes or till the base is evenly browned .
- Repeat with the other base.
- Serve hot.
- Grate frozen Mozzarella cheese directly on the pizza base.
- If making base at home directly spread sauce, cheese, toppings on the rolled base, then bake.
RECIPE CREDITS : Avikal Agarwal