Aloo ki puri is a very common recipe across India. This dish is prepared especially in the Northern part of India. Potato is mixed with different spices and used as a filling. With the variation in spices we have different taste in different states. It is also called as aloo kachori.
Ingredients (20 puris)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Potatoes(Aloo) – 4-5 mediun (boiled)
- Green Chillies – 2 (chopped finely)
- Chilli Powder – ¼ tsp(optional)
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Dry Mango Powder(Amchur) – ½ to 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp finely chopped (optio
- Salt – ¼ + ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp + for frying
- In a deep bowl add flour and ¼ tsp salt and make a smooth and soft dough using water and keep aside.
- Mash the potatoes with help of a potato masher. The potatoes should be mashed very well, there should be no lumps in it.
- Now add the chopped green chillies, chilli powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, coriander leaves and salt. Mix well.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll each portion into a 3 inch diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling .
- Place 1 tbsp of stuffing in the centre of each circle.
- Bring together all the sides and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a 3 inch diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the puris, 1-2 at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve with chole or any curry of your choice.