Aloo halwa is a sweet dish prepared from potatoes, ghee, milk and sugar. This is an easy and delicious dessert recipe, especially made during fasting.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Potatoes – 4-5 (boiled and mashed)
- Ghee – 2½ tbsp
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Raisins – 12-15
- Cashewnuts – 4-5 (chopped)
- Almonds – 4-5 (chopped)
- Green Cardamom Powder – ¼tsp
- Heat ghee in a non stick heavy pan.
- Add mashed potato and fry this on medium heat for 7-8 minutes or till aroma starts coming.
- Add milk and continue stirring till it is mixed well and starts thickening (approx 3-4 minutes).
- Now add sugar and mix well.
- Cook till the sugar dissolves completely and the halwa starts leaving ghee (approx 5-6 minutes).
- Add green cardamom powder, cashewnuts, raisins and almonds. Mix well.
- Serve warm garnished with raisins and almonds.