Aloo Chaat is a spicy potato snack, found at north Indian road side vendors. This is served without any chutney. However we can add coriander or sweet chutney. This spicy, mouthwatering chaat is perfect for anyone who loves spicy food.
Ingredients ( 4 servings)
- Boiled Potatoes – 2 cups (cut into cubes)
- Paneer – 1½ cups (cut into cubes)
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (thinly sliced)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Seed Powder – ½ tsp
- Mango Powder – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
- Black Salt – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (slit lengthwise)
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, paneer, onion, tomatoes and mix.
- Now add ginger, green chillies.
- Add salt, lemon juice, asafoetida, roasted cumin seed powder, toss a little.
- Add mango powder, black pepper powder, black salt and toss well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and slit green chillies.
- Enjoy your potato chaat.